Give every student the opportunity to excel in the classroom
Prep Class Screening Assessments (From $25/student)
A class screening by Able Therapy can identify all developmental and speech challenges students are having, and give the opportunity to overcome those challenges quickly.
Why Prep Class Screening?
When learning difficulties and challenges go left untreated, not only can it be disruptive to the classroom, it means the child is in an environment that hinders their ability to learn and develop. The child’s confidence both socially and academically are negatively affected, and behavioural challenges are very common. A screening assessment will provide early identification of such difficulties, before they become a major problem.
Our therapists look at the foundations of these tell tale signs, such as challenges with pronunciation, letter identification and blending, sight word memory, word pattern recognition such as rhyming, sound identification for spelling, finding the right word, general learning, following directions, using tools (e.g. crayons and scissors), and day to day tasks (e.g. buttons and laces).
If left undiagnosed these students will not develop a joy in learning causing:
- Avoidance and behavioural issues with school and homework
- Resist learning through reading
- Struggle with foundational math concepts and problem solving needed in general life tasks
- Retreat when faced with simple open-ended questions and problems
- Lack fundamental writing & communication skills needed in higher education and the workplace
- Become anxious or socially shy
Able Therapy Prep Screening Assessments check for a wide spectrum of learning challenges, and offer solutions that are achievable in the classroom.
Some examples of solutions are:
- Instructional strategies (e.g. Individualised learning plans)
- Multi-sensory methods (e.g. Writing in sand on a plate)
- Graphic Organisation (e.g. Drawing a map and flowchart of a story before writing it out)
- Scaffolding (e.g. Breaking learning into chunks)
Additional charges may apply and can vary depending on the complexity of the solution.
Having an occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech therapy team with the experience and knowledge of modern developmental and educational science, gives teachers and education professionals the knowledge and consulting resources to perform their role in the most effective way.
Why Able Therapy?
The Able Therapy team has a specialty in kids occupational therapy and speech therapy. Our range of experience and training in child health and development enables us to properly assess students and provide effective, achievable treatments and strategies.
We are already working with a number of schools in Brisbane.
- Burpengary Meadows State School
- Narangba State School
- Narangba Valley State School
- Burpengary State School
- Jinibara State School
- Deception Bay North
- Humbybong State school
- Kids Rock $ Kids Cubby Daycare
Able Therapy renowned for getting to the root cause and prescribing the right, appropriate treatment. Our growing client base is a testament to that. Call today for more information about what we can do in your school.
Able Therapy is one of the only highly skilled multidisciplinary allied health services in North Brisbane, and the choice of provider by many medical centres and pediatricians in the area. We also partner with parent connect, the Early Years centre and Mission Australia.
Meet Our Therapists
Amanda Smith is a specialised trained paediatric Occupational Therapist qualified from the USA. She brings with her the latest and the best of what the USA system has to offer in the treatment and management of children with ASD, Autism, Behavioral, learning, developmental delay and Cerebral Palsy.
• APHRA Registered Occupational Therapist
• National Board of Occupational Therapy accreditation USA
• California State Occupational Therapist
• Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (Paediatrics) San Jose State University, USA
Rinda Strydom is our latest Paediatric Occupational Therapist with over 16 years experience. Rinda has moved with her family from South Africa, New Zealand and has now decided Australia is home. Rinda like Amanda has a special interest in children with schooling difficulties including ASD, ADD, Autism, Cerebral Palsy.
• APHRA Registered Occupational Therapist
• Bachelor Occupational Therapy
• Honours in Augmentative and Alternative Communication
• Pretoria University Post-Graduate in Health Services Management
Prep Assessment Screening
Able Therapy offers schools in South East Queensland a Assessment Screening package. Pricing starts at $25/student and can vary depending the amount of students needing screening assessment. Each student will be thoroughly assessed for a wide spectrum of mild to moderate learning disorders and difficulties.
Call us today to find out how this can work for your school.